Think You’re Pregnant?
We believe that you owe it to yourself to be fully informed, to make the best decisions for yourself.
We understand that your choice regarding your pregnancy can be difficult. In fact, we recognize this may be one of the most important decisions of your life. The choice is yours, but we can help. If you’d like to discuss your pregnancy options, including abortion procedures and risks, give us a call.
How Pregnancy Tests Work
Getting positive home pregnancy test results is your first step to clarity. Though these home tests can be very accurate, there is always a chance for inaccurate results. You may have taken the test at the wrong time or accidentally followed the directions incorrectly. Follow-up with a lab-grade pregnancy test to be sure.
Pregnancy tests are simple and painless. They indicate if you’re pregnant by determining the amount of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in your body (the pregnancy hormone).
Some pregnancy tests might go about testing through urine, while others look for the pregnancy hormone in your blood. Most of the time, a urine pregnancy test is done.
For the most accurate results, it’s recommended to wait at least one day after your missed period. Waiting a bit after your missed period gives your body a chance to produce a detectable amount of hCG.
No-Cost Pregnancy Test
- A trained registered nurse will administer a laboratory-grade pregnancy test. If the test is positive, and depending on her assessment, she may offer a limited obstetrical ultrasound exam to confirm the pregnancy.
- A trained volunteer (your advocate) will listen to your concerns and questions, with respect and no judgments. Due to COVID-19, this may be done prior to your in-person appointment virtually via phone.
- If requested, the nurse will offer accurate information about pregnancy and sexual health.
- If requested, the nurse will provide accurate information about surgical abortion procedures and information about medical abortion (the abortion pill). We provide a safe environment for you to discuss what concerns you.
- Community referrals are offered, and you will make your own decision plan.
- Mosaic does not perform or refer for abortion, but provides accurate information from a trained medical professional so you can be fully informed when you make your own decision.
Schedule a free and confidential pregnancy test appointment to take the next step in your pregnancy journey. We can help you find the clarity you need to move forward.